Cromatica Foto is a photography studio in Vercelli, Italy specializing in wedding reportage photography. If you’re looking for a top photographer for your wedding at Lake Como or some other romantic spot in the north of Italy, Cromatica Foto is it!
Vincenzo (owner and photographer) contacted me about redoing the website. He needed something that would be easy to update and would allow him to showcase both a collection of ‘best images’ as well as individual wedding collections. As far as the design, we both agreed that what was needed was something very minimal, so the images could take the spotlight. We also wanted to stay away from the purchased themes that often overload the pages with extra scripts and elements that may never even get used.
I developed the website from the ground up, using the bootstrap framework as a starting point.
The website features:
- Responsive layout (of course!)
- Orientation-sensitive gallery on homepage (when in horizontal orientation images are full-screen, but in portrait mode the image gallery is limited to the horizontal space available)
- Portfolio collection (a simple page where Cromatica Foto can put their best shots)
- “Real Wedding” section (a place for individual wedding galleries)
- Video area (a place to show off some wedding videos)
- “WED site” (Couples can choose whether they want their own mini-website – launched before the wedding – which features things like: countdown to the big day, the couple’s timeline/story, engagement photo gallery, video, wedding events calendar, RSVP form, and more. Since this is a separate area and design, i’ve covered it more in depth on a separate page. See Cromatica Foto WED site)